Backstop Outsourcing Fills a Business Need
History of Backstop
THE INCEPTION OF BACKSTOP AS A BUSINESS
Our Founder, Scott Williams has a long history in small and medium business startup and operation. These are some of his accolades:
- His businesses have been Telstra National Small Business of the Year and 4 times in the Business Review Weekly magazine “100 Fastest Growing Australian Businesses” list.
- He’s now a volunteer business mentor and President of the Business Mentors Noosa group.
- He received a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) award in 2012; in part for contribution to business and in part for educational philanthropy.
- He is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- As a successful business person, Scott now supports students at school and university with the profits from Backstop. In 2019, he was Qld Higher Education Philanthropist of the Year
Scott says one thing that stands out for him throughout his long business career is the enormous number of balls that founders, business owners and middle managers juggle because they don’t want to take the risks inherent with hiring expensive, inflexible, permanent staff. Managers can easily remove this uncertainty and reduce their workload and stress by using outsourcing. Outsourced staff can be cheaper and more effective and more easily replaced than permanent staff.
Backstop is his solution.